Want to add some spookiness to your apartment space, just in time for Halloween on October 31st? Why not thrill residents and guests alike with this DIY project for a Halloween-themed candy door hanger? This Halloween Candy Door Décor features a candy-filled pumpkin against a chalkboard backdrop that is perfect for hanging on your front door, or even on a wall inside your apartment home. Read on to discover the easy steps required of this cute, seasonal DIY project.
You will need:
• Foam or plastic pumpkin, cut in half
• Wood burning tool with a razor blade attachment
• 1/2” screw and drill
• 1/2” nail and hammer
• Superglue, if desired
• Black and white paint and paintbrushes
1. First, draw an open-mouthed smiley face on the pumpkin with a pencil. The open mouth is where the candy will go, so be sure to make it large enough to accommodate a child’s hand or a few adult fingers.
2. After drawing the smiley face, use the wood burner tool to cut out the mouth area. It will be hot, so be extremely careful as you work.
3. After the mouth is cut out, paint eyes on the pumpkin. Trace eyes with a pencil and use a paintbrush to fill in the eyes.
4. Now, you’ll need to mount the pumpkin to the chalkboard. Use a screw or nail to attach the pumpkin to the board. Be sure to attach the pumpkin at the bottom and top. You can also use superglue if you aren’t planning to re-use the chalkboard.
5. Once your pumpkin is secured to the board, all that’s left to do is to fill your new décor with seasonal candies, and decorate your chalkboard with words or designs if desired.
Optimize every aspect of your life with these interesting tips and ideas, courtesy of the professional team at The Point on Redmond Apartments in College Station, Texas.